Positions we are currently hiring for:
- Graduate Trainee/Office Manager
- Portfolio Manager
Do you want to get an insight into how a sector leading B Corp is tackling the sustainability challenge head on? ClimateCare has the perfect role for you.
A certified B Corporation, we believe that to tackle climate change, poverty and create sustainable development, we need interventions that deliver on a holistic basis. We help the public and private sector work together to create award-winning Climate+Care programmes designed to tackle poverty, improve health and protect the environment, whilst delivering value for the organisations involved.
We unlock new sources of finance by helping corporates take full responsibility for their social and environmental impacts and helping the public sector deliver more efficiency for its spend.Leveraging mainstream funding, we profitably deliver some of the largest, most successful sustainability initiatives in the world. To date we have worked with hundreds of partners to cut over 20.6 million tonnes of CO2 and at the same time, improved the lives of 16.5 million people.
We are passionate about what we do, and have created an open, supportive, environmentally focused but commercial culture that encourages innovation and rewards hard work.
Please scroll down below to learn more about these positions and apply.
Title: Graduate Trainee/Office Manager
Type: Full time
About the role: The role has two parts. The first is a core set of responsibilities, which include acting as first point of call for all incoming enquiries to ClimateCare – answering the phone and checking the office email. The amount of time you’ll spend on this core set of responsibilities fluctuates, but it rarely takes up more than two days a week.
The rest of your time will be spent aiding teams across the business, with the intention of spending focused time in different divisions. You’ll get the chance to learn applied skills like developing carbon portfolios for clients, managing project credit purchases, developing proposals and potentially managing some ClimateCare clients of your own. Through this part of the role, you’ll get exposure across the business, and will learn how the business works.
Core responsibilities include:
- Answering the phone and handling general (often complex) enquiries
- Welcoming visitors
- Organising office maintenance and repairs
- Undertaking general office duties such as scanning, typing, filing and sorting & distributing post
- Troubleshooting IT problems with support from an external consultant
- Monitoring the business mailbox and responding to queries
- Organising the Company’s offsite events
Additional responsibilities could include:
- Managing and documenting project and proposal information
- Developing portfolios with the portfolio team, liaising with project suppliers and proposing pricing
- Assisting with transactions including negotiating and contracting
- Undertaking research to support teams across the business – from researching new markets to understanding the latest trends
- Attending, and potentially speaking, at external events on behalf of ClimateCare
- Contributing ideas to new and existing business proposals
- Providing support to the marketing and communications team
- Proactive approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with capacity to work well as a team and independently
- Ability to manage a high work load effectively, and establish priorities routinely
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Highly numerate with good working excel skills
- Strategic and tactical decision making weighing up financial returns with meeting client requirements and winning tenders
- Ability to generate and maintain excellent and productive external relationships
- Strong negotiation skills
- The ability to input into and drive forward contractual discussions
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ‘Graduate Position Application’ in the email title and where you saw the advert.
Please name your CV and covering letter with the format firstname_secondname_CV and firstname_secondname_covering letter.
Title: Portfolio Manager / Junior Portfolio Manager, depending on candidate’s experience
Location: Oxford, UK
Salary: Competitive – dependent on experience
Type: Full time
- Your opportunity to join an award-winning company committed to delivering positive impacts for people and the environment.
- A pivotal and highly visible role interacting with various internal and external stakeholders to assist the fulfillment of sustainability strategies.
- A rare chance to be at the heart of climate finance and help the transition towards a low-carbon economy.
- Well-suited to a commercially-focused, numerate professional with a personal interest in sustainable development.
Carbon Portfolio Management: A core part of many successful companies’ sustainability strategy continues to be the reduction of carbon emissions in-house as well as voluntary investment into carbon reducing projects and to renewable energy to compensate for their emissions. ClimateCare manages this process, helping businesses contribute to a wide array of low carbon projects around the world.
Our clients have diverse and specific preferences for the low carbon projects in which they invest or support, typically requiring a portfolio of several projects. In order to ensure ClimateCare can always deliver against the required carbon and environmental / development outcomes of our clients’ programmes, the Portfolio team must always have access to new projects and programmes.
The team works with our extensive network of project partners and suppliers to fulfill these portfolio elements via the purchase of carbon credits, renewable energy certificates, and other relevant environmental instruments. We also work with other market intermediaries to sell our exclusive partner projects to the wholesale market.
We are a small team but pivotal to the fulfillment of the carbon side of the business, sitting in between the projects and carbon supply market and business clients.
Role: A rare opportunity has arisen for an outstanding individual in ClimateCare’s Portfolio Team.
Commercially minded yet analytical, the Portfolio Manager will have the responsibility to construct and tailor bespoke voluntary carbon portfolios for new and existing clients, develop wholesale business engaging with clients directly, and participate in buying activities end to end from price negotiation through to delivery. The role will require development of a broad understanding of the (voluntary) carbon market, active and focused engagement with our supplier and wholesale network, and application of the knowledge gained to ensure ClimateCare can always provide the best portfolios, projects and credits to our clients and prospects in the short and longer term. The right individual will be hard working, think laterally and proactively to capitalise on opportunities, and always be looking ahead as the market continues to evolve.
This is a full-time, permanent position, reporting to the Head of Voluntary Portfolio Management.
Position title will be dependent on candidate’s experience.
Create portfolios for prospects and existing clients:
- Accountability for production of all carbon or other environmental project or portfolio proposals to deadlines, following briefs or specifications and working with the Business Development & Client Services teams to agree the most effective sourcing strategy.
- Price proposals for all client options and portfolios weighing up specific client portfolio and financial requirements with supplier and supply conditions, market trends, and the benefit to ClimateCare.
- Source project credits from existing ClimateCare partnerships and the wider market.
- Obtain, maintain and manage the flow of all project information required by the wider teams.
Generate wholesale transactions:
- Implement the team’s proactive wholesale strategy and maintain good relationships with wholesale market buyers to meet business targets.
- Respond to wholesale pricing requests and oversee fulfilment of sales.
- Identify and pursue new wholesale opportunities, structuring deals appropriately.
Control the supply of carbon project credits:
- Build and maintain good relationships with key existing and new suppliers / project developers, holding periodic update meetings where required.
- Seek new partnership or transactional opportunities to secure a constant supply of a range of diverse, compelling & competitive project credits.
- Understand the supply side market and share information effectively to assist in generating competitive pricing, and in longer term planning.
Trade, transact and manage project credits:
- Negotiate with suppliers to generate the best structure and most advantageous pricing.
- Take responsibility for the fulfilment of single project and portfolio transactions from contracting and trade documentation with the counter-parties to delivery/retirement of credits.
- Maintain the internal trade booking system and ClimateCare’s external carbon registry accounts with the wider team.
- Commercial or business background.
- Track record of prioritising a high workload, with deliverables to different internal teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with capacity to work well in a team environment.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly numerate with good working excel skills.
- An understanding and some familiarity with carbon markets and their role in tackling climate change, though in-depth projects knowledge is not needed.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to generate and maintain excellent and productive external relationships.
Share our passion and think you’re the perfect addition to our team? Send us your CV and a one-page covering letter explaining why you want to join us and why you’re the perfect fit for this role to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us on 01865 591 000.
Not found the right role?
We are always keen to hear from good people who want to support our work. We regularly offer short term projects and internships. If you don’t see a role that fits, but think you have skills that ClimateCare just can’t do without, then please send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why.